Hard Drive Recovery
Imedia, IXtreme range of computers
Note: All Data will be lost make sure you back up
• Insert the red Packard Bell boot floppy disk into the
• Restart/switch on the computer.
• If you have created the backup CD’s then insert Disk 1
• The computer will load from the disk and display the
1. Standard System Restore: this will return the
computer to its "out of the box" state.
2. Advanced Options: this will allow you to restore
Microsoft® Windows® XP without the additional software
(this can be installed later if required).
3. Tools: this option allows access MS DOS utilities
such as FDISK and Format.
4. Cancel and return to DOS: exits the program and
returns to an MS DOS prompt.
• Select “1” on the keyboard to continue
• The recovery will take 30 mins to 1:30 hrs.
• Change CD’s as prompted
• Once complete don’t forget to remove the floppy disk
before you reboot.