If you receive a Recovery CD pack consisting of multiple CDs, use
the System CD first. When you have chosen to rebuild your system,
insert the Recovery CD with the corresponding language to continue.
This Recovery CD will help you to restore the hard drive with the
original software content that was installed when you purchased your
notebook. Follow the steps below to rebuild your hard drive. (Your
drive will be reformatted and all data will be erased.)
is important to back up all data files before you use this option.
- Press F2 to enter BIOS Setup during Power-On Self-Test (POST
while the TravelMate logo is being displayed).
- Arrow over to "Boot".
- Refer to on screen instructions to set the 1st device to
- Press the CD-ROM drive eject button and insert the System CD.
- Close the CD-ROM tray.
- Press "F10", then press "Enter" to save
the changes and reboot the system.
- Press A to Accept the Acer software agreement
- At next screen remove the System CD and insert Recovery CD
Disk 2-1. Press C to continue.
- Insert Recovery CD disk 2-2 when prompted.
- Remove Recovery CD, insert System CD and press C when
- Remove System CD and press any key when prompted to reboot